Want to start selling your work online next week?
Ready to give up the grind of out-of-town arts fairs? You work hard enough creating your work. Why not stay home and start selling from your own website.
Finally — a professionally designed website you can update yourself – for a fraction of what you’d expect to pay. Perfect for:
- Artists, photographers, crafts professionals
- Startups, solo entrepreneurs, service providers, small retailers
- Anyone who wants to sell their products or services online
Take orders 24/7/365. Your work sells even while you’re asleep. Suddenly the entire world is your customer — not just the few hundred people who attend the fair or visit your shop. Best of all, the money gets deposited automatically, and you receive an email telling you what to ship and where.
A gorgeous website, up and running in as little as 5 days!
- 5-10 pages, including a blog, customer contact form, etc.
- Sleek, professionally designed layout
- Search Engine Optimization, anti-spam/hacker protection, more
Affordable, Complete, Easy
This is no stripped-down package designed to lure you in for a little bait & switch. No, this bad boy has all the essentials, and then some:
- Up to 10 website pages: Home, What We Do, About, Contact, etc.
- Blog, of course. Unless you don’t want one.
- Professionally designed layout and color scheme. Extensive customization also available.
- E-commerce set-up so you can take orders directly
- Custom email setup so you have a cool businesslike email address, like firstname.lastname@example.org. (Yes, you can still use your current email program.)
- A contact form so visitors can… you know, contact you, ask questions, invite you out for mojitos, etc.
- Security software to protect your website from hackers, spammers and other undesirables.
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Heavy-duty SEO copywriting is available on request.
- Site Search Your own private Google, so visitors can search your site for that certain work of art.
- Complete step-by-step instructions, including how-to videos.
While this package does not include extensive one-on-one technical support, if you have questions, shoot me an email and I’ll definitely try to help. Within reason, of course. For extensive technical support, training, design customization, or copywriting, I’m available at a reasonable hourly rate.
How can I afford to do all this for just $497?
Two reasons, my friend. First, I use WordPress, the rock-solid software platform that powers thousands of today’s finest websites, blogs, online stores, etc. We’re talking CNN’s Political Ticker, People Magazine’s StyleWatch blog, the official NFL blog, Dow Jones’ All Things D(igital), Herman Miller and a few zillion more.
WordPress saves days of development time, so you save buckets o’ bucks. Fewer hours = lower cost. Even better — it’s so easy to use, you can update it and make changes yourself. No need to hire a pricey designer just to change a few words or add some new photos.
(Yes, most Web designers still charge like they’re building your website from scratch, writing one line of code at a time. But now you know better.)
Affiliate commissions are the other big reason I can keep the price this low. Like most designers, I get a little spiff from website hosting and mailing list companies when I refer customers to them. That’s money you don’t have to pay me.
Two important facts: First, the commission comes from the companies, not you. You don’t a penny more. Quite the opposite, in fact. I’ve negotiated nice little discounts for you — like the first month of service for a penny. (I know. You’re welcome.)
Second, I only recommend companies who are top-rated for reliability, uptime, server redundancy and other geeky stuff you probably don’t care about. Plus, most are “green,” meaning they use renewable energy like wind and solar power.
Bottom line: I use them for many of my own and my clients’ websites, so I’m totally comfortable recommending them. Besides, you’re not locked in. If for any reason you’re unhappy, just close your account and get hosting somewhere else. There’s no penalty or charge.
What if you already have a website and it’s hosted somewhere else, and you want to stay with them?
No problem. But I will have to add $50 to the fee. Still, $547 for a complete website, including e-commerce? Hard to beat that price.
How soon can we start?
How’s this week? Call 207-619-1932 or email me (see bottom of page) and let’s talk about schedules and timetables. It’s generally 5-10 business days from payment to completion.
Questions? Contact me.