Clean up, fix up, paint up” used to be the springtime motto. After a long winter of laziness and neglect (or was that just me?) the air is warm, the sun is shining, and everyone feels energized to spiff things up.
For the past day or so, I put a scaffolding around this old blog and started making some long-needed repairs and and improvements. Have you noticed? Let’s see…
- I finally got around to putting rounded corners on the top image. Now it matches the graphic below it.
- A drop cap (i.e., an oversized first character) has been added to the first word in each post, thanks to a nifty plugin by Rodney Campbell (Remorhaz). Elegant, no? Like a magazine…
(Update: Hey, it didn’t show up in this post!)(Update #2: Got it!)
- I changed the body font to Calibri and bumped up the size one click. I liked the font that came with the theme, but this one is much easier to read. And hey, this blog is all about your comfort!
- I finally got the Photo Dropper plug-in working. This is a terrific blogging tool that lets you to search for Creative Commons-licensed photos on Flickr by keyword, right from your WordPress post page. Highly recommended!
- Technorati tags now grace the footer of this and all future posts, via Will Garcia‘s plugin. (I installed and auditioned about five others before finding this one. Nice work, Will!)
- Finally, I added a Share this button so you can email my posts, or send them to any of the big social networking sites. Ahem. Of course, that’s assuming I ever write something worth sharing.
And that’s coming, too. Buckle your seat belt. I’ve got big plans for this old blog home!